No liquids, paints, oils, car batteries, tires, newspapers, concrete or loose cardboard will be picked up, and absolutely no type of electronics.
Items such as shingles, broken glass or small metal items must be in containers such as cardboard boxes, and cannot be just dumped in the ditch. Although items may be in cardboard boxes, loose cardboard will not be picked up. For the protection of small children, please remove doors of all airtight cabinets, refrigerators, and freezers and lay them down so they won’t fall over on a child and trap them.
Have items next to the street on the Monday of the week your street is scheduled for pick up. Do Not put items out until the weekend before your scheduled week. Items put out after the first day designated for your street will not be picked up. However, do not be concerned if everything you put out is not picked up at the same time. We plan to make special loads of similar items. The Village reserves the right to refuse any or all items.
If in doubt about putting an item out for pick-up, call James at (217)546-9647.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST, 21, 2017 – Homewood, Homewood Court, Barbara Court, Reed, Reed Court, 2800 blocks of Welch, Leonard and Fillmore.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2017 – Calland Drive, Park, Urban, Maple, Lincoln, 1300 and 1400 blocks of West Glenn, Alberta Lane, Evergreen Court, Scott Court, Thayer and Douglas.
- WEEK BEGINNING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 – Vernon, Jerome, West Grand Court, 2900, 3000 and 3100 blocks of Leonard and Fillmore; Corbin, residents on Wabash and Chatham Road.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 – Iles, 2600 and 2700 blocks of Welch, Leonard and Fillmore; Owens Lane, 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of West Glenn.
The Village of Jerome will be picking up branches and limbs following the schedule below:
- Monday, May 1, 2017
- Monday July 31, 2017
- Monday, October 30, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BRANCH PICK-UP
- Place branches and limbs in front of your residence near the road the weekend before the pickup is scheduled.
- Branches should be of reasonable length to handle (8 ft. or less).
- Residents with limb piles greater than or equal to ½ a truck load should contact James Foster at 546-9647 to inquire about the charge for a large load.
- Remember, branches are not logs or twigs and we will not pick up tree trunks, even if they have been cut up.
- No whole or partial trees, bushes or yard waste (leaves or leaf bags) will be picked up. The facility where we dispose of our branches will not accept the items mentioned here. No finished wood products (landscape timber, 2x4s, fence pieces, etc.) will be picked up.
- Branches will not be picked up if trash is mixed in.
- Please give our Public Works employees time to pick up branches. It will take several days each month to complete the pick-up.
- When the branch pick-up is completed in early November, please do not place branches or l limbs near the road to remain there until the Spring. Doing so makes our Village appear messy and uncared for.
The Village of Jerome does not pick up leaf/yard bags. All residents are responsible for purchasing stickers from their waste hauler and placing them on their leaf/yard waste bags before placing them in front of their property for pick-up. Leaf/yard waste stickers can also be purchased at most local hardware stores. Village ordinance prohibits placing bags out by road without stickers on them.