The Village of Jerome will be picking up branches and limbs following the schedule below:
- Monday, May 1, 2017
- Monday July 31, 2017
- Monday, October 30, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BRANCH PICK-UP
- Place branches and limbs in front of your residence near the road the weekend before the pickup is scheduled.
- Branches should be of reasonable length to handle (8 ft. or less).
- Residents with limb piles greater than or equal to ½ a truck load should contact James Foster at 546-9647 to inquire about the charge for a large load.
- Remember, branches are not logs or twigs and we will not pick up tree trunks, even if they have been cut up.
- No whole or partial trees, bushes or yard waste (leaves or leaf bags) will be picked up. The facility where we dispose of our branches will not accept the items mentioned here. No finished wood products (landscape timber, 2x4s, fence pieces, etc.) will be picked up.
- Branches will not be picked up if trash is mixed in.
- Please give our Public Works employees time to pick up branches. It will take several days each month to complete the pick-up.
- When the branch pick-up is completed in early November, please do not place branches or l limbs near the road to remain there until the Spring. Doing so makes our Village appear messy and uncared for.
The Village of Jerome does not pick up leaf/yard bags. All residents are responsible for purchasing stickers from their waste hauler and placing them on their leaf/yard waste bags before placing them in front of their property for pick-up. Leaf/yard waste stickers can also be purchased at most local hardware stores. Village ordinance prohibits placing bags out by road without stickers on them.