On the week of June 21st,2021, and the week of June 28th, 2021, the Jerome Public Works
department will be flushing fire hydrants near your home or business. The Illinois Environmental
Protection Agency requires that all fire hydrants be tested and flushed on a twice-yearly basis.
This allows us to flush any sediment from valves, hydrants, and water mains, allowing for clean
You may notice discoloration and possibly some sediment in your water. You may want to run
a small amount of water in your bathtub to get any sediment out of your water system. There is
no need to boil water or take any other measures. It is recommended to run water from an
outdoor spigot or a bathtub faucet to clear your system of any discoloration or sediment. Please
see this website for instructions on flushing your home or business water system.
Hydrants will be flushed in zones in relation to the loop of Jerome’s water system. Zones are as
follows: Week 1 includes Zones 1 through 5. Week 2 is Zones 6 through 8
- Zone 1: North side of Wabash Ave.
- Zone 2: South side of Wabash Ave.
- Zone 3: Calland Dr., Jerome Ave., and intersections of Jerome Ave.
- Zone 4: W. Grand Ct., Vernon Ave., and all intersections of Vernon Ave.
- Zone 5: Alberta Ln., Reed Ave., and all intersections of Reed Ave.
- Zone 6: Barbara Ct., Homewood Ave., and all intersections of Homewood Ave.
- Zone 7: Glenn Ave., and all intersections of Glenn Ave.
- Zone 8: Iles Ave. from Owens Ln. to Welch
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we do our flushing and maintenance.
Any questions you may call Public Works directly.