Hurricane Michael relief supplies will be accepted at the Jerome Village Hall from 8am – 4pm Monday through Friday until October 24th.
The Village of Jerome is hiring. Take a look at the Employment Opportunities for more details.
Catch up on the news of the village in the latest bulletin here.
Saturday, October 27th at 10:15 A.M.
Annual Halloween Party at the Civic Center. Children will line up at 10:15 and parade into the Civic Center at 10:30 where lots of treats await!
Wednesday, October 31st from 4:00 – 8:00 P.M.
- Trick-or-treating in the Village.
- Jerome Police Officers are looking forward to handing out candy in front of the Civic Center.
- Jerome Methodist Church, 1570 Reed Avenue, will be holding a Trunk or Treat event in their east parking lot.
Five Village Board trustee positions will be on the ballot In the April 2019 consolidated election. Three of the positions are four-year terms and two of the positions are two-year terms. Candidates must specify the term they are running for. Candidacy packets are now available at the Village office, at the Sangamon County Clerk’s office, and on the Sangamon County Clerk’s website. All candidates run as Independent. Candidates must file petitions and supporting documents with the Jerome Village Clerk between December 10th and 17th, 2018.
PROPOSITION TO APPEAR ON NOVEMBER 6, 2018 BALLOT
NOTICE IS: HEREBY GIVEN that at the election to be held on Tuesday, the 6 th day of November, 2018, the following proposition will be submitted to the voters of the Village of Jerome, Sangamon County, Illinois:
Shall the corporate authorities of the Village of Jerome, Sangamon County, Illinois be authorized to levy a new tax for the purpose of covering the Village’s Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund employer contribution and have an additional tax of 0.16% of the equalized assessed value of the taxable property therein extended for such purposes?
(1) The approximate amount of taxes extendable at the most recently extended limiting rate is $22,168.92, and the approximate amount of taxes extendable if the proposition is approved is $67,431.64.
(2) For the 2018 levy year the approximate amount of the additional tax extendable against property containing a single-family residence and having a fair market value at the time of the referendum of $100,000 is estimated to be $53.33.
(3) Based upon an average annual percentage increase in the market value of such property of 3.27%, the approximate amount of the additional tax extendable against such property for the 2019 levy year is estimated to be $55.08 and for the 2020 levy year is estimated to be $56.88.
The polls at said election will be open at 6:00 o’clock a.m. and continued open until 7:00 o’clock p.m. of that day.
The Village Library is run by volunteers. To maintain hours for the library more volunteers are needed. If you’re interested in helping, please contact Village Trustee Kathy DeHart at (217)415-1132 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.