Saturday, November 7
8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
ILLINOIS STATE FAIRGROUNDS
MUST have a voucher in-hand or show on a mobile device in order to drop off items.
Register for a free voucher today at www.Springfield.IL.US/HHW.
• Voucher registration will end at 12-noon on Friday, November 6,
or when all the time slots have been occupied, whichever occurs first.
• Questions about the drop-off event or issues filling out the form?
Call Springfield’s Office of Public Works at 217.789.2255.
- This event is not open to businesses, institutions, or not-for-profit organizations.
- Vouchers are limited to one per household, per delivery.
- Vouchers are valid for the time slot listed only.
- No latex/acrylic paint will be accepted. For a full list of acceptable and unacceptable items, please visit www.springfield.il.us/hhw.
- Participants are required to wear a face-mask as soon as they enter the fairgrounds until they leave.
- Participants must stay in their vehicles at all times as soon as they enter the fairgrounds until they leave.
- At the collection point, designated staff will unload the items being dropped off from the participant’s vehicle.
- Please place the items in the vehicle’s trunk or truck bed for easier access and removal.
- We cannot ensure that containers will be returned. Please make sure items are delivered in disposable containers
To obtain a fire pit permit please complete the fire permit application and place it in the deposit slot to the right of the Village Office front door or mail it to the Village of Jerome 2901 Leonard St., Springfield, IL 62704. Public Health Trustee Leigh Irons will then contact you by phone to complete the application process. There is no fee for this permit.
March is traditionally the beginning of the severe storm season in Illinois. This weekend is shaping up to have a strong potential for strong and severe storms throughout the state. Be sure to make sure that you have multiple ways to receive weather warnings from the National Weather Service. Remember that the sirens are intended to alert people who are outside and may not be audible during a storm indoors. Additional information about being prepared can be found at https://ready.illinois.gov
- Cellular Phone Weather Alerts – https://www.weather.gov/wrn/wea
- NOAA Weather Radio
- Local Media
The latest forecast and advisories for the area can always be found at https://www.weather.gov/ilx
Good Afternoon all. In light of the Coronavirus outbreak, the Village of Jerome, as well as other governmental bodies, are undertaking measures to ensure public health and safety! We ask our residents to follow best practices.
Please stay at home if it all possible and practice social distancing when out in public. As the Village President of Jerome, I will exercise everything in my power under consultation with the Village Board of Trustees to keep our 1600 residents safe.
Our village is called home by individuals of all ages and backgrounds. Many of our residents are elderly and are at high risk. Please check on your neighbors’ well-being. This village is built on being strong and caring.
I simply ask for you to follow the CDC Guidelines:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds!
- Stay home if sick!
- Work from home if available!
I ask all to stay educated!
I ask all to stay calm!
I ask all not to hoard food and other consumer goods!
Most importantly, take care of one another!
We are striving to keep you informed on the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please read the following to help keep abreast of the situation.
Mike Lopez & Jerome Board of Trustees
Corona Virus 2019 (COVID-19) Resource links:
- Sangamon County Department of Public Health
- HSHS St. John’s
- Memorial Health System
- IDPH – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- IDPH – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- CDC Homepage for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Travel Guidance
The Sangamon County Office of Emergency Management has asked that we post this link to information about the COVID-19 virus.
Fire pit permit applications are available at the Village office Monday through Friday from 10am – 3pm. Outdoor fires are allowed between April 1st and November 30th with a proper permit.
The Village of Jerome does not pick up yard waste. Yard waste bags put out by the road must have a sticker on them purchased from your waste hauler.
Due to the need to concentrate Village Public Works staff time and resources on our roads, water system
Illinois law prohibits the disposal of TVs and other electronic equipment in landfills. They must be recycled. BLH Computers at 1832 Stevenson Drive accepts these items for recycling. Most items can be dropped off for free although there is a fee for TVs. Check out their website blhcomputers.com for a list of what can be recycled. Please do not put these items at the curb.