Trick or Treating in the Village of Jerome will be on October 31st from 4:30pm to 8:30pm. In addition the Village will be hosting the annual Halloween Party and Costume Parade on Saturday October 28th. Participants in the parade will start lining up at 10:00am at the Jerome Civic Center and the parade will begin at 10:30am. There will be trick or treating stations inside the Jerome Civic Center. Hot dogs and refreshments will follow the parade at the Jerome Civic Center.
The Village of Jerome, joining with Spaulding, Rochester, Riverton and Williamsville are collecting items needed for the hurricane victims in Texas.
The Village of Jerome, will accept donations starting Wednesday, August 30,2017 through Tuesday, September 11th, 2017 Monday through Friday from 10:00am until 4:00pm, except for September 11th where donations must be in by 11am at the Village Hall located at 2901 Leonard St in Jerome.
Additionally. Neuhoff Media will host a 12-hour Relief Radiothon on Wednesday, September 6” at Green Toyota (3901 Wabash Ave) to encourage their listeners to drop by one or more of the items needed.
The two-week campaign is being launched Friday night with a water drop off at Glenwood High School (GHS) during the Glenwood/Rochester Football game. Both schools have initiated a school wide campaign to possible attendees to bring a case of water to the high school where it will be unloaded and prepped by members of the Lincoln Land and GHS soccer teams.
After all items have been collected, the COL training team of Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) has agreed to transport all goods to the Galveston area for distribution. MTI has also begun collection efforts on all their campuses as well. The tractor trailer(s) will be escorted by some members of the local law enforcement communities.
The convoy will depart Springfield on Tuesday, September 12. 2017.
For more information please contact: Chief Jim Hillyer – Spaulding, PD @ 217-629-8188 or Mylas Copeland (Green Toyota) @ 217-303-8266.
(*) items Needed – Bottled Water, Flashlights, Batteries, Diapers (all sizes), iPhone chargers, Shovels, Work Gloves, Trash bags, Dust masks, dog food, cat food, cat litter, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, cleaning supplies, chairs (folding/lawn chairs), paper plates, plastic ware (cups, silverware, etc.), napkins/paper towels, nonperishable food items, toiletries (toilet paper, soaps, body wash, toothbrushes, etc.), towels.
No liquids, paints, oils, car batteries, tires, newspapers, concrete or loose cardboard will be picked up, and absolutely no type of electronics.
Items such as shingles, broken glass or small metal items must be in containers such as cardboard boxes, and cannot be just dumped in the ditch. Although items may be in cardboard boxes, loose cardboard will not be picked up. For the protection of small children, please remove doors of all airtight cabinets, refrigerators, and freezers and lay them down so they won’t fall over on a child and trap them.
Have items next to the street on the Monday of the week your street is scheduled for pick up. Do Not put items out until the weekend before your scheduled week. Items put out after the first day designated for your street will not be picked up. However, do not be concerned if everything you put out is not picked up at the same time. We plan to make special loads of similar items. The Village reserves the right to refuse any or all items.
If in doubt about putting an item out for pick-up, call James at (217)546-9647.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST, 21, 2017 – Homewood, Homewood Court, Barbara Court, Reed, Reed Court, 2800 blocks of Welch, Leonard and Fillmore.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2017 – Calland Drive, Park, Urban, Maple, Lincoln, 1300 and 1400 blocks of West Glenn, Alberta Lane, Evergreen Court, Scott Court, Thayer and Douglas.
- WEEK BEGINNING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 – Vernon, Jerome, West Grand Court, 2900, 3000 and 3100 blocks of Leonard and Fillmore; Corbin, residents on Wabash and Chatham Road.
- WEEK BEGINNING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2017 – Iles, 2600 and 2700 blocks of Welch, Leonard and Fillmore; Owens Lane, 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of West Glenn.
The Village of Jerome will be picking up branches and limbs following the schedule below:
- Monday, May 1, 2017
- Monday July 31, 2017
- Monday, October 30, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BRANCH PICK-UP
- Place branches and limbs in front of your residence near the road the weekend before the pickup is scheduled.
- Branches should be of reasonable length to handle (8 ft. or less).
- Residents with limb piles greater than or equal to ½ a truck load should contact James Foster at 546-9647 to inquire about the charge for a large load.
- Remember, branches are not logs or twigs and we will not pick up tree trunks, even if they have been cut up.
- No whole or partial trees, bushes or yard waste (leaves or leaf bags) will be picked up. The facility where we dispose of our branches will not accept the items mentioned here. No finished wood products (landscape timber, 2x4s, fence pieces, etc.) will be picked up.
- Branches will not be picked up if trash is mixed in.
- Please give our Public Works employees time to pick up branches. It will take several days each month to complete the pick-up.
- When the branch pick-up is completed in early November, please do not place branches or l limbs near the road to remain there until the Spring. Doing so makes our Village appear messy and uncared for.
The Village of Jerome does not pick up leaf/yard bags. All residents are responsible for purchasing stickers from their waste hauler and placing them on their leaf/yard waste bags before placing them in front of their property for pick-up. Leaf/yard waste stickers can also be purchased at most local hardware stores. Village ordinance prohibits placing bags out by road without stickers on them.